- We are a Christian group. The core of our heart is we believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit and is the flawless Word of God. We believe in the trinity of God–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit–and that He is holy. We believe that Jesus Christ is God’s only Son, born of a virgin, that He made complete payment for our sin nature through His sinless life, death on the cross, and resurrection. We believe in the second coming of Christ, the resurrection of the living and the dead, and eternal life either with Christ or lost forever. We believe that those who accept the free gift of salvation through Christ are born of God’s Holy Spirit and are brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus. Please don’t expect anything different.
- We are all broken in unique ways. There will not be two people here with the same story. And we will not compare each story to see who has it worse.
- This is not a Christians singles group. The first goal of a church singles group is as a spiritual community. When a singles group becomes an avenue for finding dates, the group goal cannot be met. We are not that.
- We believe that God will lead the way but that you have to actively walk in that way and take steps, maybe fight battles. God is with you in this. There will be no “just waiting on God” in our group.
- We believe that dating is an expression of who you are. The reality is that even the things that you did not cause are still your responsibility to deal with. You will have to work on yourself in this group.
- Dating also involves a team. Who will be on your team?
- We will not be discussing “how far is too far” nor shaming if you are already sexually active.
- We will be an “in your face” group so you can end sabotaging yourself and find love.
- We believe in taking risks. Of course, as a group we will walk with you as you take risks. You are on a journey that will require effort, risk, pain and failure.
- We believe in dating. We believe in meeting at a neutral location for a planned event that both of you will enjoy, grow and be romanced at.
- If you are at risk for serious depression or other clinical issues, you should see a good professional and work on that first. If you are an alcoholic, sex addict, or other impulsive behavior, you should be in recovery before joining us.
- There will be homework required of you. Required.
The Beauty of Pain
My life is a story of getting my heart smashed and the many times I have chosen to get up. It is the getting-up-again stories that are best told. I’d like to share my story with you—and your people. So you all can get-up-again and discover the truth that God truly is close to the broken-hearted as Psalm 34:18 tells us. Or is Psalm 34:18 more true because you are bravely living broken-hearted so God is close to you?
I have a free download for you that is a piece here and a piece there of my message…with a Star Trek reference I love. I don’t want to mislead you. I’m only a bit of a Trekky but this story with the quote, ”I need my pain” is for real. That truth became bearable when Captain Kirk taught me it back in 1989. (I’m one of the few who actually saw this movie in the theatre.)
- Trust the Shepard – “Worry is dealing with tomorrow’s problems on today’s pasture.“ (124,300)
- When People Walk Away From You, Let Them Walk (22,250)
- Stop Treating Your Boyfriend Like Your Husband (18,709)
- What are Your Two Core Values that Define Who You Are? (17,264)
- Sometime someone hurts you so bad, it stops hurting at all. (16,058)
- Green Lights, Yellow Lights and Red Lights of Relationships (12,011)
- Love is deep, and the road is long… (11,481)
- I Walk with a Limp (9,890)
- Boundaries Are Attractive—As in They Really Do Attract Others (8,605)
- Yellow! (7,494)